Education Quarterly Reviews
Published: 11 October 2019
Effectiveness of Rewordify in a Receptive Skill: Implication in Reading Comprehension in EFL A2 Ecuadorian Learners in Tertiary Education Level
Silvia Morales, Julio Mora, Marta Alvarez
Universidad Técnica de Babahoyo, Ecuador
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Reading Comprehension, Rewordify App, A2 Learners Ecuadorian Learners
Reading comprehension is necessary to ensure success in different areas; it is the main reason to identify instruments which allow learners to develop this skill. The current study was performed with adult EFL Ecuadorian learners from a university in Babahoyo, where they performed three types of reading comprehension exercises using rewordify and dictionaries as an instrument to improve comprehension. The results demonstrated that both appear to promote comprehension, but some results showed that rewordify tends to be a further success in a specific type of reading activity.
- Edyburn, D. L. (2000). Assistive technology and mild disabilities. Mental retardation, 612, 10-6.
- Escudero, I., Fuertes, N., & López, L. (2019). Paraphrasing Strategy in EFL Ecuadorian B1 Students and Implications on Reading Comprehension. English Language Teaching, 12(1), 56-66.
- Mousavian, S., & Siahpoosh, H. (2018). The Effects of Vocabulary Pre-teaching and Pre-questioning on Intermediate Iranian EFL Learners’ Reading Comprehenstion Ability. International Journal of Applied Linguistics and English Literature, 7(2), 58-63.
- Peachey, N. (2017). Digital tools for teachers. PeacheyPublications. com.
- Pérez López, C. (2005). Métodos estadísticos avanzados con SPSS. Thompson. Madrid.
- Prichard, C. (2008). Evaluating L2 readers' vocabulary strategies and dictionary use. Reading in a foreign language, 20(2), 216-231.
- Rewordify.com. (2019). Rewordify.com | Understand what you read. [online] Available at: http://rewordify.com/ [Accessed 20 Sep. 2019].
- Rhodus, k., & specialist, i. E. C. Creating a classroom where struggling readers succeed: k-6.
- Taha, I. I. A. A. (2018). Improving EFL Learners' Cognitive Skills through Reading Comprehension: A Case Study of Secondary Schools, EL Hassaheisa Locality, Gezira State, Sudan (2017) (Doctoral dissertation, University of Gezira)
- Thamarana, S. Technology Learning Environments for English Language Teaching.