Education Quarterly Reviews
Published: 11 October 2019
Investigation and Research on the Living Status and Professional Development of Biology Teachers in Southern Henan and Their Development Strategies
Bo Peng, Xiao-Jie Xu, Nong-Yi Zheng, Feng Peng, Xue-Zhong Sun, Xia-Yu Tian, Lu-Lu He, Xiao-Rui Ma, Yan-Fang Sun, Rui-Hua Pang, Jin-Tiao Li, Quan-Xiu Wang, Wei Zhou, Hong-Yu Yuan
Xinyang Normal University, China
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Southern Henan, Biology, Special Post Teachers, Living Status, Development Strategies
In order to effectively investigate the current situation of biology teachers in Southern Henan, this study used the method of interviews and questionnaires to investigate and analyze the current situation of biology teachers in Southern Henan from their living status and professional development. The survey results show that: (1) The overall satisfaction of biology special post teachers in southern Henan is general, the office conditions can meet the teaching needs, the salary and housing conditions need to be improved, and the spare-time and family life needs of biology special post teachers attract attention; (2) Professional development is generally satisfactory. Specialized biology teachers in Southern Henan are willing to participate in educational and teaching reform, but their participation in teaching and research activities needs to be further strengthened. Specialized biology teachers have a large workload and high labor intensity. In view of the above findings, this paper puts forward some countermeasures for the development of biology special post teachers in Southern Henan, with a view to providing theoretical reference for the follow-up research on biology special post teachers, as well as providing important information for improving the living status of specialty post teachers, promoting professional development and improving the quality of education and teaching.
- Feng J., Yan Y. (2018). Investigation and research on the present situation of the work and life of special-post teachers in Henan Province. Talents Training and Employment, 11, 48-53.
- Li Y.L. (2012). Professional pride of primary and secondary school teachers and its relationship with social support. Shenyang: Shenyang Normal University.
- Tian B.J., Wang Y. (2013). Investigation and reflection on the current situation of the implementation of the "special post teacher plan" - based on the case study of T County in Henan Province. Journal of Inner Mongolia Normal University (Educational Science Edition), 26 (10), 60-62.
- Wang A.Q., Liu F. (2013). Problems and solutions in the professional development of special-post teachers. Educational Theory and Practice, 31, 37-40.
- Wang J., Cao N.X. (2019). A narrative study on the dilemma of a special post teacher in rural areas. Educational Guidance Journal, 8, 44-48.
- Wu Y. (2010). Analysis of educational policy: taking teachers' special post program in rural schools as an example. Educational Theory and Practice, 30 (1), 28-30.
- Xu Y.W. (2014). Investigation and analysis of professional identity of special post teachers. Adult Education, 34 (7), 78-80.
- Yang F. (2017). Research on teachers' second career choice intention of tegang: a survey from Xinxian County, Henan Province. Hunan: Hunan Normal University.
- Yang S.X. (2019). Research on the problems and solutions of special post teachers. Times of Think Tank, 31, 195-196.
- You Y., Yang J., Zhang Y. (2017). An analysis of the effectiveness of teachers' policy in special post: a perspective of teachers' team and education equity. Fudan Education Forum, 15 (5), 83-90.
- Zhang A.H. (2016). Investigation on the present situation of special-post teachers in Hebei Province and research on development strategies-taking special-post teachers in rural Chinese as an example. Language Education, 4, 1-2.
- Zhang C.Y. (2016). Investigation and research on the present situation of professional identity of primary and secondary school post teachers. Teacher Development, 10, 74-77.
- Zhou Y., Liang X.Y., Jin K.B. (2019). Investigation and research on professional identity of teachers in special post in rural areas-taking J Province as an example. Journal of Jilin Institute of Education, 35 (6), 67-72.
- Tang Y.P., Wang H. (2019). Why to retain rural teachers: an empirical study based on the research data of special post teachers in G Province. Education Research, 40 (4), 134-143.
- Liang L.Y. (2019). Research on the present situation of professional life of special post teachers. Guangxi: Guangxi Normal University.