Education Quarterly Reviews
Published: 02 March 2020
Research on the Training Mode of Biology Talents Under the Background of Characteristic Subject Construction - Take Xinyang Normal University as an Example
Bo Peng, Xiao-Rui Ma, Feng Peng, Xue-Zhong Sun, Xia-Yu Tian, Xin-Hua Huang, Meng-Yang Zheng, Yan-Fang Sun, Rui-Hua Pang, Jin-Tiao Li, Quan-Xiu Wang, Wie Zhou, Hong-Yu Yuan
Xinyang Normal University (China), Gushi No. 1 Middle School (China), Henan Xinyang Senior High School (China)
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Biology, Personnel Training, New Model, Characteristic Discipline
The 21st century is the century of life science. With the rapid development of life science and technology, the social needs of biological professionals are changing dramatically, and the requirements for their theoretical quality and practical ability are becoming higher and higher. The construction of characteristic disciplines in Henan Province is advancing steadily, which is having a far-reaching impact on the talent cultivation of colleges and universities in the province, and the talent training mode of colleges and universities has also changed greatly. With the continuous expansion of the national undergraduate enrollment scale, it is of great theoretical and practical significance for local normal universities to cultivate biological professionals to adapt to the development of life science and social needs, and to explore a new model for the cultivation of biological professionals. Xinyang Normal University, based on the experience of biological talents training in the past 45 years, especially in the past five years around the construction of Henan Province's characteristic disciplines, focuses on the construction of "teaching staff, teaching team and practice team", focusing on improving the theoretical quality and practical ability of students majoring in biology, that is, a new training model of "one center, two improvements" for biological professionals. The new model has important theoretical significance and potential application value for the continuous improvement of teaching quality of biology education.
- Itziar R.G., Susana D.C., Herrera A.F. (2019). The role of work motivation based on values in employee’s retention in the 21st century. Management Research, 2, 149-156.
- Ran X., Joanne S.T., Vanderbilt D.L., et al. (2018). Electroencephalography power and coherence changes with age and motor skill development across the first half year of life. PLoS ONE, 1, e0190276.
- Von H.C, Rosander K. (2018). The development of sensorimotor intelligence in infants. Advances in Child Development and Behavior, 55, 73.
- Chen L.J., Zhang L., Lin J.W., et al. (2017). On the training mode of biotechnology professionals. Journal of Shenyang Agricul Tural University (Social Sciences), 19 (1), 41-46.
- Chen L.J., Zhang L., Lin J.W., et al. (2018). On the training mode of biotechnology professionals from the perspective of market. University Education, 99 (9), 201-203.
- Fan H.Y., Fu F.H., Zang L.M., et al. (2019). A new teaching model of Microbiology and biochemical pharmacy based on talents innovation platform. Pharmaceutical Education, 1, 38-40.
- Gao H., Pan B.P. (2019). Biological classroom evaluation from the perspective of cultivating students' core literacy. Journal of Tianjin Normal University: Basic Education Edition, 20 (3), 64-67.
- Gao M.,Tan X.L. (2019). A study on the ranking of ESI disciplines in universities with Chinese industry characteristics. Development and Evaluation of Higher Education, 35 (3), 30-38.
- Guo L.C. (2016). On the training mode of innovative talents for bioengineering major in colleges and universities. Youth Era, 19, 92-92.
- Huang X.Y., Bai J.M. (2019). Strategic thinking on the construction of "double first class" in local colleges and Universities. Journal of Changjiang University (Social Sciences), 42 (6), 101-106.
- Jia Q., Ying J. (2016). Henan Province makes full efforts to build the advantageous and characteristic discipline of colleges and universities. Henan Education (Higher Education), 1, 70-71.
- JIANG N. (2019). The exploration and practice of the reform of undergraduate graduation project management and quality control -- Take bioengineering major of Northeast University as an example. Biology Teaching Research in Colleges and Universities (Electronic Edition), 9 (2), 62-64.
- Lang Q.X. (2019). An analysis on the cultivation of practical ability of science and technology education for students in Biology Normal University. Journal of Jiangxi Electric Power Vocational and Technical College, 32 (2), 85-86.
- Lin L.Q. (2019). On the promotion strategy of "double first class" construction in local colleges and universities. Journal of Fujian Institute of Education, 10, 53-56.
- Lin A.M., Pan P.L., Dou X.B., et al. (2019). On the cultivation model of undergraduate students of biological science relying on subject competition. Chemistry of Life, 39 (1), 203-206.
- Ma C., Jiang Y.T., Xu G.J., et al. (2012). Deepening the reform of personnel training mode and building the specialty with biotechnology characteristics. Forestry Education in China, 30 (1): 28-32.
- Shi Y.G. (2019). The countermeasure analysis of building the "craftsman type" skilled talents army in the middle and high-end manufacturing industry -- Taking Anhui Province as an example. Journal of Huangshan University, 21 (3), 99-100.
- Song Z.L., Qu D., Li M. (2019). Discussion on the characteristic development of environmental science and engineering in agricultural and forestry colleges under the background of "double first class" construction. Forestry Education in China, 37 (5), 42-46.
- Tian W.C., Hu Z.G., Jiao J., et al. (2019). Performance analysis of NSFC supported projects in nano biomedical field. China Science Foundation, 1, 64-72.
- Wang D.M., Yang J.L., Huang Y. (2019). The current situation, problems and optimization strategies of graduate education structure in China. Graduate Education Research, 2, 5-9.
- Wang J., Wu K., Huang Q., et al. (2019). On the cultivation of scientific research quality of undergraduates majoring in biology in Local Universities Based on the second round examination of Postgraduates. Journal of Shangrao Normal University, 39 (3), 70-75.
- Wang Y., Fan J.X. (2016). Research on graduate training mode guided by innovative talent training. Education and Teaching Forum, 45, 231-232.
- Wu Y.Z., Liang R. (2019). Theoretical attribution and practical strategy of enrollment publicity in higher vocational colleges. Modern Education, 6 (3), 47-48.
- Xiang J.S. (2019). Discussion on the teaching reform of horticultural plant breeding based on the cultivation of applied talents -- Taking the biological science major of Chifeng University as an example. Journal of Chifeng University (Natural Science Edition), 35 (5): 161-163.
- Xie Z.H. (2019). Thinking on innovative personnel training mode of biopharmaceutical specialty in applied undergraduate colleges. University Education, 7, 153-155.
- Xu Q., Ge B., Wei L.L., et al. (2018). Research and practice of innovative personnel training mode for graduate students in local medical colleges. Science and Technology Innovation Guide, 3, 235-236.
- Yang S.Y., Huang Y.J., Yang H.F., et al. (2015). Problems and Strategies of postgraduate training in local universities: a case study of a university in southern Anhui. Journal of Lanzhou Institute of Education, 1, 54-56.
- Yang M., Liu G.D., Zhou X.X., et al. (2019). Analysis of the employment situation of biotechnology major in agricultural colleges under the new situation and consideration of countermeasures. Education and Teaching Forum, 27, 32-33.
- Yu S.H., Zhou X.B., Chang H., et al. (2013). Innovation research and practice of agricultural postgraduate training mode. Anhui Agricultural Science, 3, 1316-1317.
- Zhang C. (2018). Research on experimental teaching reform of human and animal physiology. Journal of Capital Normal University (Natural Science Edition), 6, 70-73.
- Zhang M.C., Wang M. Dilemmas and paths: rational thinking and deep questioning on teaching in local normal universities. Contemporary Education and Culture, 5, 89-94.
- Zhang Z.X., Sun Y.J., Zhan S.Q., et al. (2019). Investigation and analysis of the current situation of education practice of biology normal students in eastern Guangdong. Journal of Higher Education, 8, 68-71.
- Zhou Q.A., Li Y., Pu B.Z.M. (2010). Innovative postgraduate training mode and method. Economic Guide, 6, 80-81.