Economics and Business
ISSN 2775-9237 (Online)
Published: 27 January 2020
The Impact of Effective Training on Employee Retention: A Study in Private Banks of Bangladesh
Shahin Akther, Javed Tariq
Mercantile Bank Limited, Bangladesh
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Employee Retention, Regression, Factor Analysis, ANOVA, t-test
This examination underlines on the affectability of variables influencing employee continuation in Banking Industry of Bangladesh. Retain human resources is a procedure practiced by organizations to keep hold of a successful workforce and simultaneously meet operational necessities. Every organization must regard their work force as prime assets and need not to intend to depart since they enhance the value of the organization. The goal of the investigation is to gauge the view of employee retention. For this purpose, the sample chose 204 employees working in private banks of Bangladesh. We have utilized needed testing technique for credible information accumulation. We have utilized just essential information through an endorsed questionnaire. The gathered information was handled by applying t-test, ANOVA. In this investigation, univariate, bivariate and multivariate examinations were executed. Factor analysis and regression examination have attempted to evaluate the relationship of the factors. The aftereffect of the examination uncovers that employee retention relies upon depends on growth opportunity of the employees, employee self-attainment, Training and Development and employee benefits.
- Ahmad, N., Iqbal, N. and Sheeraz, M., 2012. The effect of internal marketing on employee retention in Pakistani banks. International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, 2(8), p.270.
- An Gie Yong and Sean Pearce; A Beginner’s Guide to Factor Analysis: Focusing on Exploratory Factor Analysis; Tutorials in Quantitative Methods for Psychology, 2013, Vol. 9(2), pp. 79-94, Doi: 10.20982/tqmp.09.2.p079
- Babbie, Earl R. The Practice of Social Research. 12th ed. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth Cengage, 2010.
- De Vaus, D. A. Research Design in Social Research. London: SAGE, 2001; Trochim, William M.K. Research Methods Knowledge Base. 2006.
- Duffield, C.M., Roche, M.A., Blay, N. and Stasa, H., 2011. Nursing unit managers, staff retention and the work environment. Journal of clinical nursing, 20(1‐2), pp.23-33.
- Davidson, M. and Wang, Y. (2011). Sustainable labor practices? Hotel human resource managers views on turnover and skill shortages. Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, 10 (3), 235-253.
- Hong, E.N.C., Hao, L.Z., Kumar, R., Ramendran, C. and Kadiresan, V., 2012. An effectiveness of human resource management practices on employee retention in institute of higher learning: A regression analysis. International journal of business research and management, 3(2), pp.60-79.
- HamidahRamlan, MohdSharrizat Adnan; The Profitability of Islamic and Conventional Bank: Case study in Malaysia; Procedia Economics and Finance 35 (2016), pp. 359–367
- James, L. and Mathew, L., 2012. Employee Retention Strategies: IT Industry. SCMS Journal of Indian Management, 9(3).
- Johnson M (2000). W inning the people wars: talent and the battle for human capital. London: Prentice Hall.
- Karatepe, O. M. and Olugbade, O. A. (2009). The effects of job and personal resources on hotel employees’ work engagement. International Journal of Hospitality Management, 28(4), 504-512.
- Kumar, R. (2014) Research Methodology: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners. 4th Edition, SAGE Publications Ltd., London.
- Lyria, R.K., Namusonge, G.S. and Karanja, K., 2017. The effect of talent retention on organizational performance of firms listed in the Nairobi Securities Exchange. Journal of Human Resource and Leadership, 1(3), pp.56-68.
- Mohlala, J., Goldman, G.A. and Goosen, X., 2012. Employee retention within the information technology division of a South African bank. SA Journal of Human Resource Management, 10(2), pp.1-11.
- Mohsen Tavakol, Reg Dennick; Making sense of Cronbach’s alpha; International Journal of Medical Education, 2011; 2:53-55; ISSN: 2042-6372; DOI: 10.5116/ijme.4dfb.8dfd.
- Mwangi, E.K. and Omondi, M., 2016. Factors influencing staff retention in the banking industry in Kenya. A case study of equity bank limited. Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, 3(2).
- Neter J, Wasserman W, Kutner MH. Applied linear models: regression, analysis of variance, and experimental designs. 3rd ed. Homewood, Ill: Irwin, 1990; 38– 44, 62–104
- Presbitero, A., Roxas, B. and Chadee, D., 2016. Looking beyond HRM practices in enhancing employee retention in BPOs: focus on employee–organisation value fit. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 27(6), pp.635-652.
- Ritter, D. (2011). The Relationship between Healthy Work Environments and Retention of Nurses in Hospital Setting. Journal of Nursing Management, 11(19), 27-32.
- R.M. O’Brien, A caution regarding rules of thumb for variance inflation factors, Qual. Quant. 41 (2007), pp. 673–690.
- Sinha, D. & Shukla, S. K. (2013). A study of Employee Retention in the Pharmaceuticals sector in Dehradun City: International Journal of Education and Psychological Research (IJEPR) 2 (1), 30-39
- Salman, A., Ahmad, N. and Matin, F., 2014. Factors affecting on employees retention in banking sector: An investigation from Karachi. European Journal of Business and Management, 6(37), pp.2222-1905.
- Sandhya, K. and Kumar, D.P., 2011. Employee retention by motivation. Indian Journal of science and technology, 4(12), pp.1778-1782.
- Setia M. and SinghD.(2014). EMPLOYEE RETENTION: A CHALLANGE FACED BY INDIAN BANKING INDUSTRY- A STUDY.International Journal of Current Research Vol. 6, Issue, 11, pp.9856-9860, November, 2014.
- Tanchi, Khadiza Rahman, “Analyzing the Factors Influencing Employee Turnover in Private Commercial Banks in Bangladesh” Daffodil International University Journal of Business and Economics, Vol. 9, No. 1, PP. 119-130, June, 2015
- Yamamoto, H., 2011. The relationship between employee benefit management and employee retention. The International Journal of Human Resource Management, 22(17), pp.3550-3564.