Journal of Social and Political
ISSN 2615-3718 (Online)
ISSN 2621-5675 (Print)
Published: 29 January 2020
Conflict Resolution in the Partai Persatuan Pembangunan: A Case Study of Conflict Within A Party in the Leadership Era of Suryadharma Ali in 2014
Sodikun, Sunarto, Jamalullail
Sahid University, Indonesia
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: PPP, Conflict Resolution, Political Communication, Party Actors
Political communication in the form of political statements such as political supports that have been delivered by competent actors, in the right forum to hit the target might in fact trigger a conflict, therefore it needs a resolution to overcome such conflicts for it not to go further and waste our energy. This research used a case study to reveal a conflict resolution within the Partai Persatuan Pembangunan (PPP) in the leadership period of Suryadharma Ali in 2014. The method and approach used in this research was qualitative with descriptive approach. Data collection used direct observation on field as well as deep interview with the resource and key informants. The research result shows that the conflicts occurred since there were many internal and external factors ahead of the 2014 general election. The effort for conflict resolution in PPP did not result in a satisfying solution for the conflicting parties. Ideally, political communication within PPP would run well if it was carried out by the right party actor, contained a clear message, and was transmitted through a good channel as well as hit the right target. However, in fact, the conflicts went on since there were some rules and ethical values that were breached. The conflict resolution effect should end in the interest and the goal of a party, instead of short term interest as taking over the power or changing the leader.
- Arifin, Anwar. Political Communication Philosophy-Paradigm-Theory-Purpose-Strategy and Indonesian Political Communication. Yogyakarta: Graha Science. 2011
- Arrianie, Lely Political Communication: Politicians and Imaging on the Political Stage. Bandung: Widya Padjadjaran. 2010
- Badjeber, Djafar Reformasi, PPP Is a Must, PT. Lucky Blessing Eleven, 2000.
- Budiardjo, Miriam, Fundamentals of Political Science (Revised Edition), Jakarta: Gramedia, 2008.
- Bungin, Burhan, Sociology of Communication, Kencana Prenada Media Group, Jakarta, 2013.
- Chozin Chumaidy, Rise Up My Party, Pustaka Indonesia Satu Jakarta, 2011.
- Chozin Chumaidy, Reclaiming Belief in the People, PPP Central Board of Leaders, Jakarta, 2013.
- Creswell, John W. 2010. Research Design Qualitative, Quantitative, and Approach
- Mixed Yogyakarta: Student Library
- ---------------------. 2011. PPP Congress VII Provisions Document, PPP DPP, Jakarta, 2011.
- _____________. 2013. PPP Party Court Document, Jakarta, 2013.
- Fisher, Simon, et al., 2001, Managing Conflict: Skills and Strategies for Action . The British Council Indonesia, Jakarta.
- Angelita, G., Kholil, Titi Widaningsih and Jamalullail. 2019. Corpaorate Communication Strategy for business repositioning a case study in PT Garuda Indonesia Tbk. International of Business and Social Science. 10(4), p: 48-57.
- Hasyim, Masykur. Menusantarakan Islam Politics: Long Journey of the United Party Development, Surabaya: Sembilan Lima Foundation, 2002
- Liliweri, Alo. Organizational Sociology and Communication, Bumi Aksara, 2014.
- Neuman, W. Lawrence, 2013. Social Research Method: Qualitative and Quantitative Approaches. Boston: Allyn & Bacon
- Nimmo, D. (2007). Political communication and public opinion in America, or political communication: communicators, messages and media, The second printing, Tjun Surjaman's translation, Bandung: Youth Rosda Karya.
- Nimmo, and Political Communication, Communication, Message and Media, PT. Rosdakarya Youth, Bandung, 2011.
- Meriam Budiardjo, Fundamentals of Political Science, Gramedia, Jakarta, 2012.
- Raho, Bernard. Modern Sociological Theory. Jakarta: Literature Publisher Achievements, 2007
- Ritzer, George and Douglas J. Goodman, Modern Sociological Theory, 6th Edition, Jakarta: Kencana. 2008
- Wirawan, IB Social Theories in Three Paradigms (Social Facts, Social Definitions, and Social Behavior) First Edition . Jakarta: Kencana Prenada Media Group. 2012
- Weitzman, EA, & Flynn, PW 2000. Problem Solving and Decision Making in Conflict Resolution. In Morthon Deutsch & Peter Coleman (Eds). The Handbook