Journal of Social and Political
ISSN 2615-3718 (Online)
ISSN 2621-5675 (Print)
Published: 16 October 2019
Contemporary Chinese Social Mentality and Human Buddhism Actively Guide Chinese Society: On the Internal Mechanism of the Adaptation of Religion to Socialist Society
Yang Liao, Li Meng, Qiang Zhong
South China Agricultural University, China
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Buddhism, Contemporary China, Social Mentality, Social Adaptation, Socialist Society, Religious Role
The authors analyze the main manifestations and basic characteristics of contemporary Chinese social mentality, discuss the ways and characteristics of the human Buddhism nebula model to actively solve social problems, and the treatment of social morbidity and the guiding path of social mentality in the human Buddhist nebula model. The basic proposition of the social harmony and stable development of the meta-governance (culture and human heart) discusses the mechanism of the adaptation of religion to socialist society. The article believes that the issue of people's hearts still needs to be guided by the "holy" and "vulgar" culture. The governance and construction of society will be completed in a natural way, and social harmony will have a more solid internal foundation.
- Anonymous.2013."Vietnamese Religious Policy: Does Not Retain Party Members' Beliefs", Learning Times. May 27, 2013.
- Chen Erxiang, .2017."The Transformation of Mind: The Internal Analysis of Zhao Puchu's Human Buddhism Thoughts", Journal of Northwest University, No. 1, pp. 135-140.
- Cheng Gongrang.2016. "On the Historical Inevitability of Human Buddhism," Journal of Southwest University for Nationalities, No. 10, pp. 59-65.
- Cheng Gongrang.2017."The Three Directions of Human Buddhism Theory and Practice--Based on Master Xingyun's 'Human Buddhism Buddha's Heart,' Journal of Southwest University for Nationalities, No. 8, pp. 80-85.
- Deng Zimei, Chen Weihua.2017.Contemporary Human Buddhism Lights", Beijing: Religious Culture Publishing House.
- Deng Zimei, Chen Weihua, Mao Qinyong.2009. Contemporary Human Buddhism, Lanzhou: Gansu People's Publishing House.
- Fang Litian, Xue Yu, ed.2006. Buddhist Tradition and Contemporary Culture, Beijing: Zhonghua Book Company.
- Gao Yongwang. 2011. "On the Secularity and Transcendence of Human Buddhism," Qinghai Social Science, No. 2, pp. 111-115.
- Hong Xiuping.2017. "The Master of Taixu and Contemporary Buddhism in the World," Study of Buddhism, No. 2, pp.18-24.
- Jiang Jianyong. 2015."Four Discussions on the Construction of Buddhist Culture", Chinese Religion, No. 11, pp. 40-43
- Ju Ji, Xue Yu, ed.. 2007. Theory and Practice of Human Buddhism, Beijing: Zhonghua Book Company.
- Lai Yonghai.2013."The Ideological Characteristics of Han Buddhism and Its Contemporary Trends", Jiang Hai Academic Journal, No. 4, pp. 12-16.
- Li Mingxuan.2018."Life Zen: The Zen of Buddhism in the World and the Modernization of Zen Buddhism", Religious Sociology, No. 1, pp. 172-186.
- Li Xiangping.2007. "Socialization is still secular? ——Sociology Review of the Development of Contemporary Chinese Buddhism", Academic Monthly, No. 7, pp. 56-61.
- Li Xiangping.2018. "The Construction of the Buddhist Order in the Vision of the "Belt and Road" - From the Intrinsic Relationship between the Buddhist System and the Belief Order," Yunnan Social Sciences, No. 1, pp. 126-134.
- Li Xiangping.2018."Reconstruction of Chinese Civilization Belief and Contemporary Chinese Mentality Order", Religious and Social Science Branch of Chinese Society of Society, etc., "Religion and Social Mentality and Proceedings of Fujian National and Religious Workshops," June 2018, pp.1-14.
- Li Xiangping, Gao Hong.2008."The Model of Institutional Change in Human Buddhism: A Comparative Study of the Four Great Temples in Contemporary China (I)", Buddhism Culture, No. 5, pp. 9-21
- Li Xiangping, Gao Hong.2008."The Model of Institutional Change in Human Buddhism: A Comparative Study of the Four Great Temples in Contemporary China (Part II)", Buddhism Culture, No. 6, pp. 43-53.
- Li Xiaolong.2017."On the "Chineseization" of Zhao Puchu's Buddhist Thoughts in the World," World Religion Studies, No. 3, pp. 79-88
- Li Xingling. 2017."The Practice and Critique of 'Humanity' in Contemporary Asian Buddhism: On the Modernization of Neo-Confucianism, Journal of Normal University, No. 1, pp. 1-28.
- Liao Yang, Meng Li. 2018. Cultural Understanding of Global Governance: A Perspective of Religious Culture. Advanced of Applied Sociology, 8: 359-365.
- Master Nebula.2014.Contemporary People's Hearts: The Theme Speech of the International Fo Guanghui (1992-2002), Beijing: Oriental Publishing House.
- 2015a.Foguang and the Order, Beijing: Life, Reading, Xinzhi Sanlian Bookstore.
- 2015b.Human and Practice, Beijing: Life, Reading, Xinzhi Sanlian Bookstore
- 2015c.Life and Society, Beijing: Life, Reading, Xinzhi Sanlian Bookstore.
- 2016.The Return of Buddhism to the Buddha, Beijing: People's Publishing House, Religious Culture Publishing House.
- Peng Xin and Zeng Changqiu.2011."Modern Development and Contemporary Practice of Human Buddhism", Chinese Religion, No. 1, pp. 63-64.
- Tan Yuanfang.2013."The Evolution of 'Human Buddhism' and Its Contemporary Social Value", Guangdong Social Sciences, No. 3, pp. 72-77.
- Xi Jinping.2017. Xi Jinping's Talk on Governing the Country (Volume 2), Beijing: Foreign Language Publishing Co., Ltd.
- Xia Xueluan.2011."Eight Bad Social Psychologies in Current China", People's Forum, April (late), PP. 48-50.
- Xue Yu.2012. Human Buddhism and Contemporary Ethics, Hong Kong: Zhonghua Book Company (Hong Kong) Co., Ltd.
- Xue Yu editor: Buddhism and Management, Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press, 2012 edition.
- Yang Haiwen.2013. "Human Buddhism" and Modernization of Traditional Culture," Fujian Forum, No. 1, pp. 17-19.
- Yang Zengwen.2009. "Dedicated to the development and progress of the country is the basic requirement of contemporary human Buddhism," Buddha Studies, No. 1, pp.1-10.
- Yang Zengwen.2012. "Contemporary Human Buddhism and Ecological Civilization Construction," Journal of France and India, No. 2, pp. 1-14.
- Yao Binbin.2019. "Secularization" and "Vulgarization" in the Development of Human Buddhism in Contemporary Taiwan, Taiwan Research Journal, No. 1,pp.77-84.
- Zhao Cuicui.2017."The Nebula Model of Contemporary Human Practice in Buddhism", Religious Studies, No. 1, pp.174-179.
- Zhao Cuicui and Li Xiangping.2015.A Study of the Social View of "Human Buddhism": Focusing on Buddhist Thoughts of Taixu, Guzan and Zhao Puchu, Religious Studies, No. 1, pp.115-121.
- Zhou Xiaohong.2014."The Spread of China's Social Mentality Crisis", People's Forum, September (early), pp. 21-23.
- Zhu Li and Zhu Zhiling.2014."The Main Characteristics of the Social Mentality at Present Stage and Countermeasures", People's Forum, March (middle), pp. 8-10.
- Zhu Li and Zhu Zhiling.2015. "Characteristics and Trends of Current Social Mentality," People's Forum, December (late), pp. 16-20.
- Zhu Weiqun.2014."The principle that "party members can't believe in religion" can't be shaken," Democratic Consultation. November 21, 2014.