Journal of Social and Political
ISSN 2615-3718 (Online)
ISSN 2621-5675 (Print)
Published: 25 February 2020
Perception of Cruise Ship Tourists for Service in the Benoa Port, Bali Indonesia
I Ketut Antara, Made Antara, I Nyoman Sunarta, I Gusti Ayu Oka Suryawardani, Ngakan Ketut Acwin Dwijendra
Udayana University, Indonesia
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Perception, Cruise Ship, Tourist, Services, Port
Service at the seaport as the entrance of cruise ship tourists who come on vacation to various destinations in Bali. Therefore, the facilities at the port of Benoa including at the arrival terminal are part of the first impression that affects the quality of the expectations of cruise ship tourists who will make a visit. Bali is a barometer of Indonesia's tourist destinations developing and renovating port facilities to improve service quality. Foreign tourists who were visited Bali have increased over the past ten years. Not only they access via the Ngurah Rai airport, but many also through the port of Benoa. Guests who choose the port route have own considerations. The port as the first place seen by cruise ship tourists visiting Bali, in fact, there are still many foreign tourists who complain about the quality of service at the Benoa Port of Bali. This study aims to find out the perception of cruise ship tourists who visit Bali about services at the Port of Benoa, Bali. This type of research is descriptive by using a sample was 264 the cruise ship tourists by the purposive sampling technique. The results showed that cruise ship tourists who were visited Bali assessed the service of the Benoa port was good. The highest service dimension in Benoa port is the tangible dimension and the lowest is the empathy dimension.
- Abbot Tashakkori. 2010. Charles Teddlie. SAGE Handbook of Mixed Methods in Social & Behavioral Research. California Sage Publication Inc.
- Affecting Tourist Satisfaction and Its Consequences ". Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 1557-1560.
- Agung Kresnamurti. 2011. Indonesian Science Management Research Methods. Indonesian Science Management Research Journal (JRMSI0). Vol. 2, No. 2, 2011.
- ARLI, P. (2014). The effects of Service Quality Perceptions of Turkish Cruise
- Astina, N. G.2017. Dissertation; The Effect of Quality of Employee Services Based on Local Balinese Wisdom on the Satisfaction and Intention of Loyal Behavior of Foreign Tourists in Non-Star Hotels in Bali
- Bagyono 2012. Tourism and Hospitality. Alfabeta. Bandung Bali
- Bali Province Manpower and Transmigration Office (Disnakertrans). 2017.
- Bali Provincial Statistics Agency. Bali in Numbers - Bali in Pigure 2017.
- Bali Regional Tourism Office (Disparda Bali), 2017. Bali Tourism Statistics
- Bambang. S.2013 Development Policy for Tourism Destination Concepts and Its Applications in Indonesia. Yogyakarta 1. Edition: Gava Media Publisher.
- Fornell, C. 1992. National customer satisfaction barometer: the Swedish
- Hospitality Industry.New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons Corp.pp 43-45. Hospitality Press Pty.
- Hossain, Mohammed Javed. 2012. "Impact of Service Quality on Customer"
- Kevin, Baker., Huyton, Jeremy. 2001. Hospitality Management: an Introduction.
- Kotler, Philip and Kevin Lane Keller. 2012. Marketing Management 13. New Jersey: Pearson Prentice Hall, Inc.
- Kozak, M. 2001. Repeaters' behavior at two distinct destinations. Annals of Tourism Research, 28 (3), 784-807.
- Kozak, Martin and Decrop, Alain. 2009. Handbook of Tourist Behavior. New
- Mowen, John, C., and Minor, M. 2010. Consumer Behavior Volume 1, Fifth Edition
- Oliver, R. L. 1981. Measurment and evaluation of satisfaction processes in retail settings. Jounal of Retailing, 57 (3), 25-48.
- Parasuraman, et al. 2009. Delivering Quality Service. New York: The Free Press. Responsible Tourism, Pine Book Publisher, Ministry of Culture and Tourism of the Republic of Indonesia.
- Pizam, A., Neumann, Y., Reichel, A. 1978. Dimensions of tourist satisfaction
- Regional Regulation (Perda) Number 2 of 2012 concerning Perspective Cultural Tourism. Editor: Gee, C. Y., Co-Editor: Sola, E. F. Madrid, Spain: World Tourism Organization.
- Sarbini. M.B.2018. Tourism Philosophy A Practical Philosophy Study. 1st edition. Yogyakarta:
- Service Quality on Customer Satisfaction: The Case of Singapore.
- Thai Vinh V (2015) article on maritime economic & logistics, The Impact of Port
- Tjiptono, Fandy and Gregorius Chandra, 2012