Journal of Social and Political
ISSN 2615-3718 (Online)
ISSN 2621-5675 (Print)
Published: 29 January 2020
Public Perceptions of the City Landmark of Gianyar – Case Study: Landmarks of Ciung Wanara City Park in Gianyar
Gusti Ngurah Anom Gunawan, Agung Budi Sarjono, Suzanna Ratih Sari
University of Diponegoro, Indonesia
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: City of Gianyar Landmark, Ciung Wanara City Park, City of Art and Culture
The City of Gianyar's Landmark is Ciung Wanara City Park, which is an active park located at the intersection of Ciung Wanara Street, Ngurah Rai Street, Dharma Giri By Pass Road and Kebo Iwa Street. Landmark takes the form of a Puppet Figure Statue in the form of a Kala Rau Statue, the most prominent Garuda Wisnu Statue supported by the presence of Indra on a Horse, the Dewi Ratih Statue strung together with one another as part of the storytelling that is story of Mount Giri Mandara in finding Tirta Amertha. Kala Rau and Garuda Wisnu which have a height of 12 meters can be observed from the four corners of the road. As for the purpose of the Government of the Gianyar Regency to build the Kala Rau Statue, Garuda Wisnu is used as a landmark for the City of Gianyar, and is able to support the existence of Ciung Wanara City Park in Gianyar, to be able to attract the interest of visitors to visit Ciung Wanara City Park as well as being able to support the face of a city that has the title of city of arts and culture. This study uses a qualitative rationalistic method. The purpose of this research is to find out whether the statues in Ciung Wanara City Park have functioned as a landmark of the City of Gianyar and are able to support the City of Gianyar as a City of Arts and Culture.
- Abdul Hadi, Mukhyar Amani. (2017). Public Perceptions About Green House Buildings in Banjarmasin City. Banjarmasin: Journal of Civic Education at Lambung Mangkurat University.
- Ade Jelita Ndolu, Dr., Ir, Ibnu Sasongko, MT, Mohammad Reza, ST, MURP. (2017). Determination of Landmark Location In order to improve the City's Image in Kelapa Lima and Oebobo Subdistricts, Kupang City, NTT Province. Malang: Regional and City Planning Study Program, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning, Malang National Institute of Technology.
- Angga Dwi Susilohadi, Bambang Soemardiono, Rabbani Kharismawan. (2014). The Design Concept of Surabaya Tower as a Landmark in the "Iconisation" Phenomenon. Surabaya: Sepuluh November Technology Institute.
- Ching, Francis, D.K. (1991). Architecture, Form, Space and Order. Jakarta: Erlangga
- Diah Intan Kusumo Dewi, Landung Esariti, (2016). Community Perceptions of Determinants of Preservation of Ancient Buildings in Kampung Kauman Semarang. Semarang: Ruang Ejounal2.Undip.
- Dicky Yusuf, Adnan, (2015). Landmark Yogyakarta As an Object of Creating Photography Works. Yogyakarta: Journal of Yogyakarta State University.
- Dwi Susilohadi, Angga; Soemardiono, Bambang; Kharismawan, Rabbani, (2014). The Surabaya Tower Design Concept as Landmark in the 'Iconization' phenomenon. Pomits Science and Art Journal of the Department of Architecture, Faculty of Civil Engineering and Planning, Sepuluh Nopember Institute of Technology Surabya.
- Dwijendra, Ngakan Ketut Acwin, (2008). Arsitektur Rumah Tradisional Bali Berdasarkan Asta Kosala-Kosali, Denpasar: Udayana University Press.
- Dwijendra, NKA, (2009). Arsitektur Kebudayaan Bali Kuno, Denpasar: Udayana University Press.
- Dwijendra, NKA, (2003). Bali Traditional Housing and Settlements. Journal of Settlement Natah, Vol. 1 No. February 1.
- Juliarachman Lazuardi, Muhamad; Astuti, Winny; Fitria Rini, Erma, (2018): Analysis of Kawasa Mangkunegaran Image based on Stakeholder Assessment with the Concept of Legibility. journal.uns.ac.id/region. Regional and Urban Planning Study Program, Faculty of Engineering, UNS.
- Lang, J. (1987). Creating Architectural Theory. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold Company.
- Lynch, Kevin, (1960). The Image of The City. The M.I.T. Press. Cambridge, Massachusetts.
- Mangunwijaya, Y.B. (1988). Wastu Citra. Jakarta: Gramedia.
- Mirsa, R. (2012). Elements of Urban Spatial Planning. 1. Yogyakarta: Graha Science.
- Moh.Yuditrinurcahyo, (2005). Study of Community Perceptions of the Kendal City Spatial General Plan. Semarang: Master of Engineering and City and City Development Program Diponegoro University Semarang.
- Muhadjir, N. (1989). Qualitati Research Methodology. Jogjakarta: Rake Sarasin.
- Mulyandari, H. (2011). Introduction to City Architecture.Yogyakarta: Andi.
- Nurmasari Sofiyah, (2008). The Relationship of Outdoor Space Media (Using artificial lighting) to the quality of the corridor at night according to the community's perception (Case Study of Jalan Pahlawan Seamarang Corridor). Semarang: Diponegoro University Semarang.
- Prasetyo, Bastian, (2015). Campaign of the City of Bandung through the Media "Glow in Dark" as a Media for Tourism Promotion in Bandung City. Bandung: Sketch Journal of BSI University Bandung.
- Rufiati Safariah, Rahadian Eka Putra, (2011). Public Perceptions About the Image of Cimahi City as a Military Zone. Bandung: Indonesian Computer University.
- Smithes, K. (1987). Principles of Design in Architecture. Bandung: Intermatra.
- Steven Richard Kamurahan, Judy O. Waani, Octavianus H.A. Rogi, (2014). Study of Community Perceptions of Aesthetics of Building Facade Design with Subjective Theory Approach. Manado: Journal of Architecture Study Program Postgraduate Sam Ratulangi University.
- Sugiyono (1997). Statistics for Research. Bandung: Alfabeta.
- Tom Rees Budiman, Ival; M Rondonuwu, Dwight, E.Tungka, (2018). Analysis of the Forming Elements of City Images in the Tahuna Urban Area, Sangihe Islands Regency. Journal of Spatial Journal. Regional and Urban Planning Study Program. Faculty of Engineering. Sam Ratulangi University. Manado.