Journal of Social and Political
ISSN 2615-3718 (Online)
ISSN 2621-5675 (Print)
Published: 25 December 2019
Studies on Trans-generational Rearing in Chinese Families from 2013-2019: A Systematic Literature Review
Shufen Huang, Xuefeng Yan
Qingyuan Polytechnic, Qingxin District Fengxia High School, China
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Trans-generational Rearing, Chinese Families, 2012-2019, Literature Review
As China opened up and reformed, China has experienced a rapid change in urbanization and economic growth. Therefore, more and more young couples try to find their fortune in the cities, leaving their young children behind in rural areas or under the rearing of their older generations. In such a case, trans-generational rearing and education have become a very common phenomenon in China. In the past seven years, quite a lot of Chinese scholars have looked into the problems and related aspects of trans-generational rearing in China. This article has reviewed forty-four articles related to the topic from CNKI database and found that the study trend of this topic has changed from previous cause and effect study to the strategical exploration on how to improve the quality of trans-generational rearing.
- Cao Wen (2019). Research on kindergarten teaching practice to improve the education concept of grandparents [J]. Education Reference, (01): 68-72.
- Chen Hong, Gao Ting (2019). Inter-generational differences between grandparents and parents in alternative education [J]. Children's Research, (05): 46-55 + 63.
- Chen Ling (2019). Enriching kindergarten curriculum resources with "grandparent teaching assistant" [J]. Preliminary Education Reference, (17): 70-71.
- Duan Feiyan, Li Jing (2012). A review of studies on generation separation education at home and abroad in the past decade [J]. Shanghai Educational Research, (04): 13-16.
- Duan Qiaoyu (2017). The dilemma and breakthrough of family education of new generation rural left-behind children [J]. Modern Education Science, (12): 24-29.
- He Yin, Zhao Jiaxu (2016). A study on the learning psychology of grandparents in preschool children's alternative education [J]. Science and Education Guide, (08): 186-187.
- Hong Jiajia (2013). Analysis of the use of ancestral resources in rural education on the cultivation of children's ability [J]. The Road to Success, (05): 65.
- Hou Limin, Luo Lanlan, Wu Huiyuan (2019). The relationship between ancestral upbringing and problem behaviors of rural left-behind children: the moderating effect of teacher-child relationship [J].Preschool Education Research, (07): 54-68.
- Li Xiaoqing (2019). Theoretical analysis of inter-generational exchange in rural education [J]. China's Collective Economy, (14): 163-164.
- Luo Feng (2015). The difference between grandparents' education and parents' education from the survey data -- on the coordination between parents' education and children's education [J]. Juvenile Delinquency, (03): 72-76.
- Luo Feng, Cai Jinhua (2015). Investigation and analysis of the education of grandparents under the "new normal" [J]. Journal of Guangzhou University,14 (03): 64-69.
- Luo Feng, Li yuanfan & Song Guangwen (2014). Education in the next generation: an analysis of the current situation of Chinese cities and its trend [J]. Contemporary Education Science, (08): 51-53.
- Luo Feng, Wan Yanhua (2014). An empirical study on the family generation separation education of urban junior high school students based on the questionnaire survey and analysis of "triangle mutual proof" [J]. Journal of Guizhou Normal University, (06): 18-23.
- Ma Lan (2015). Problems and Countermeasures of kindergarten and grandparents in Homestead Education [J]. Nandu Academic Circle, 35 (04): 123-124.
- Malik Abriz (2014)i. A preliminary study on the problems of preschool children's alternative education in Urumqi [J]. Journal of Xinjiang Institute of Education, 30 (01): 33-37.
- Qian Xiaohong (2013). A preliminary study on the paper cutting technology for children in the education environment of their grandparents' families [J]. The Road to Success, (05): 66.
- Tang Chunhua, Zhang Shurong (2019). Practical exploration on the role of grandparents in school education [J]. Juvenile Research, (05): 56-59.
- Xiong Xiulan, Liu Zhaoyang(2019). Exploration of the composite education mode of the generations of the ancestors and grandchildren of the mountain villages under the strategy of Rural Revitalization -- Taking Dalian village in Xiuning County, Anhui Province as an example [J]. Journal of Huangshan University, 21 (04): 88-92.
- Yan Hongbo (2014). Investigation and Reflection on the current situation of the grandparents' education of 3-6-year-old children in the third kindergarten of Wangqing County [J]. Journal of Yanbian Institute of Education, 28 (04): 113-117.
- Yu pan, Xiong Feng (2014). Analysis of the role adaptation of grandparents in rural alternative education [J]. Journal of Hubei University of Economics, 11 (05): 7-8 + 11.
- Wang Huiying (2013). Research on the suitability strategy of kindergarten teachers to carry out the work of grandparents [J]. China's out of school education, (26): 132.
- Wang Lei(2015). Practice of optimizing alternative education in kindergartens [J]. Zhejiang Education Science, (02): 47-49.
- Wu Qi (2017). Life satisfaction and its influencing factors of grandparents rearing in cities [J]. Journal of Nantong University, 33 (05): 73-80.
- Wu Qi (2018). Analysis of the impact of rural parenting on left behind children [J]. Law and Society, (14): 149-150.
- Wu Xiaofei (2013). The application and research of folk games in the education of ancestral families [J]. The Road to Success, (05): 64.
- Zhang Lan (2016). Practical research on children's eating in the family of alternative education [J]. Research on Early Childhood Education, (05): 50-53.
- Zhang Yue, Zhang Aiqin (2019). Problems and paths of family education of left behind children in the perspective of "targeted poverty alleviation in education" [J]. Journal of Northwest Institute of Adult Education, (02): 101-106.