Journal of Social and Political
ISSN 2615-3718 (Online)
ISSN 2621-5675 (Print)
Published: 07 November 2019
The Main Challenges of Public Management in Afghanistan and the Possible Solutions
Zabehullah Bashardost, Jawida Ahmadi
Badakhshan University (Afghanistan), Kabul University (Afghanistan)
Download Full-Text Pdf
Keywords: Indicators of Good Governance, Public Management of Afghanistan, Main Challenges, Possible Solutions
The public management of a country has a direct relationship with the governance affairs, the components of good and bad in governance have been defined based on developed and undeveloped countries and indicators of governance. Given these components the governance and public management of a country can understand. Afghanistan is a country that has experienced good governance since 2002, after the fall of the Taliban regime. In order to study Afghanistan's public management, we need to look closely at governance in Afghanistan in order to identify the extent to which international standards of governance in Afghanistan have been acceptable, and through it, we can identify the challenges of Afghanistan's administration. This paper, which is titled "The Main Challenges of Public Management in Afghanistan and the Possible Solutions," seeks to provide challenges and possible solutions of public management with a comprehensive vision based on global norms and with respect to cultural complexity, historic and traditional. This paper is written in three chapters, the first chapter which discusses good governance with a short manner and recognizes the position of the Afghan government with regard to the indicators of good governance, the second chapter defines the challenges of the Afghan management, the third chapter addresses the possible solution and ends with a conclusion. The purpose of writing this paper is to identify precisely the components that have had a profound negative impact on the Afghan public management and to prevent the increasing of these challenges proposes the solutions ways. This paper, based on library research, has gained to the authoritative sources that contain the principles of global management and the real challenges facing Afghanistan.
- Akser, tabasum. (2017). Afghanistan in 2017 (survey of Afghan people). Kabul: the Asia Foundation,(topic in Persian language)
- Afet. (2014). Afghanistan and Central Asia: prospect and challenges after withdrawal of NATO/ISAF forces. Directorate -general for external policies of the union, European Parliament
- Amin, Abdul Baqi. The way Out of the Afghan Crisis; Criteria, Barriers, and Solutions. Kabul: Center for Strategic and Regional Studies, “topic in the Persian language”
- Aart Kraay, Daniel Kaufmann. Governance Indicators. The World Bank World Bank Institute Global Governance Group and Policy Research Working Paper.
- Administrative Corruption in Afghanistan and its Solutions// www.ncpr.af/download/en /1397208322_1.pdf
- Administration corruption. (2010). Kabul: UNODC// https:/www.unodc.org/... /Afghanistan/Afghanistan-corruption-survey2010-Eng.pdf
- Berbrich, Henry dock& m Fahim, foruq. (2016). Afghanistan in 2016 (survey of Afghan people). Kabul: the Asia Foundation.
- Bahman, Said Nasim. Good Governance in Afghanistan: Challenges and Solutions. Afghanistan: Balkh University.
- Deve, Afet. (2017).Afghanistan: Challenges and perspectives until2020.the workshop, European Union.
- Governance in public opinion, the results of a poll, (2016). Kabul: 8 am newspaper with Khurshid higher education institute, a topic in the Persian language.
- Hashimi, Sayed hashmatullah. (2016). Civil Service Reform in Afghanistan: Role and Duties of the Civil Service Sector. research for a better of Afghanistan.
- Halleröd, Björn, Hans Ekbrand. (2014). Good Governance – what we think it is and what we really measure. Department of Sociology and Work Science, University of Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Human Rights Dimensions of Poverty in Afghanistan. (2010). Kabul: Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights
- Maley, William. (2008). stabilizing Afghanistan threat and challenges, Asia pacific college diplomacy
- Manasan, Rosario G. Eduardo T. Gonzalez Romualdo B. Gaffud. (1999). Indicators of good government: developing and index of government quality at the LGU level. Discussion paper series NO. 99-04.
- Mazidi, Ali aqa, Nowruz, Reja. (2016). Constitutional violation at 31 years,” topic in the Persian language”, Kabul: Afghanistan freedom house.
- Nijat, Aarya. (2014). governance in Afghanistan an introduction. Kabul: research for a better of Afghanistan.
- Nojumi, Neamatollah, Dyan Mazurana. (2009). Life and Security in Rural Afghanistan. United States of America, www.rowmanlittlefield.com
- Punyaratabandhu, Suchitra. (2014). Commitment to good governance, development and poverty reduction, Department o f economic & social affairs.
- Sajid, (2012). stable Afghanistan: suggested government model for Afghanistan in post Afghan war scenario, ISSRA Papers
- The summary of analyses reportsfrom the poverty status of Afghanistan. Kabul: the world bank and ministry of economic.
- Tariq, Mohammad Osman. (2010). Afghanistan in 2010(A Survey of the Afghan People). The Asia Foundation.
- Torabi, Yama. (2012). The growing challenge of corruption in Afghanistan. The Asia foundation.